Home Forums QCAS Members Forum SCT Collimation Party

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Struve

Hi all!

Some time ago, after Byron reported great success collimating his SCT, we decided to hold an event where those interested could get together to collimate thier SCT’s…

Byron was able to secure vacation time from Feb 15th thru the 18th…

I have just received the reflection mirror for collimating the HyperStar for 9.25″ and 11″ Celestron Edge SCT’s and I also have the reflection mirrors for both 1.25″ and 2″ focusers…

So… if you have an SCT that you want to collimate and if you have a HyperStar as mentioned above… let me know if you can join the party, at an in town location to be announced, on Saturday, Feb 16th!

Clear Skies,
    Jeff

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Jeff Struve.
    Samuel Santiago
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

I would be interested. I do have a Meade 8” sct I would like to collimate. In addition I have a Hotech collimator I can bring to learn how to use and share as well. Keep us posted.

Regards,
    Sam

Matt Neilssen
    Keymaster

If this party is going down, I still wanna bring the club’s 10 inch to learn the process. So count me in.

Jeff Struve

Attention SCT owners!

We will have our SCT collimation party on Saturday, February 16th in McCarthy Hall at St. Ambrose University…. corner of Gaines and Lombard.

We have room 003…. yes, downstairs in room 003 from 10:00 AM till 4:00 PM… that is on the main level from the Gaines Street entrance or down 1 level via stairs or elevator if you park in the back parking lot 

If you want to have your scope collimated, let me know about what time you can be there so I can put some sort of schedule together…. we will have 2 collimators set up and it will take about 30 minutes per scope.

If you use a fork mount, you will need to bring it too… if you use an EQ mount, let me know that too as we will have 2 mounts already set up, so no mount will be needed… please bring your diagonal and if you have one, your HyperStar.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Clear Skies!
    Jeff

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Jeff Struve.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.