Home Forums QCAS Business Observatory Relocation Reply To: Observatory Relocation

Jeff Struve

TERRI WIESE – CALAMUS LIBRARY – REFERENCE LETTER
June 20th, 2019

Quad Cities Astronomical Society
Jeff Struve

Greetings!

The Calamus Public Library has a summer reading program every year throughout the month of June.
The children select the topics for the program and this year they elected to study the universe. As the Director/Librarian I am responsible for the curriculum and always include a guest speaker for our program.

Our library in Calamus is a small, rural library and we try to find speakers nearby. We are very fortunate to have close contact with the Clinton County Conservation Commission who in turn suggested we get in touch with the Q.C.A.S.

I was quite pleased with the prompt response from your organization and very impressed with the knowledge of the speaker, Jeff Struve. The children enjoyed his presentation and were amazed to see the telescope, the photos of the galaxy and the pieces of asteroids!

I would highly recommend this program or visits to the Jens-Wendt and Menke Observatories to families in the QC area. Mr. Struve’s talk sparked much interest in astronomy and my hope is that after viewing the information pamphlet the kid’s families will plan a trip soon!

I look forward to visiting both observatories with my family as well and I have a feeling the kids here in Calamus will be talking about that telescope all summer!

Thank you again for the informational presentation.

Terri Wiese
Calamus Public Library
Calamus, IA

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Jeff Struve.