Home Forums QCAS Business Observatory Relocation Reply To: Observatory Relocation

Jeff Struve

JODI PROSISE – SAU – REFERANCE LETTER

October 12, 2018

To whom it may concern:

I would like to express the support of St. Ambrose University and the Department of Engineering and Physics for the expansion of the observatory facilities at the Wapsi River Environmental Educational Center and the collaboration with the Quad Cities Astronomical Society (QCAS). This proposed expansion and collaboration will allow the Quad City Area to have a world-class program in astronomy available to the public. The program will have high-quality telescopes and equipment, excellent facilities for hosting programming, and extensive expertise in the area. This will create a terrific space for the community to explore and learn about astronomy–both the QCAS and SAU regularly organize public and private events to view and learn about these areas.

In addition to supporting the local community, I feel strongly that this collaboration will also bring additional experiences to the students of St. Ambrose. Dr. Mitchell works well with students in our STEM disciplines both conducting research in astronomy as well as teaching courses in the area. This expansion will provide additional resources in those areas for our students.

If you have any further questions about how this expansion would benefit St. Ambrose or the Quad City community, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Sincerely,

Jodi Prosise, PhD
Chair and Associate Professor
Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
ProsiseJodiF@sau.edu
563-333-6485

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Jeff Struve.